Rukmini Iyer works at the intersection of business, leadership, peacebuilding, and systems design. Over the last 23 years, she has worked across the globe with corporate organizations, the development sector, communities, and individuals through the modalities of consulting, facilitation, coaching, and dialogue.
Her consulting practice Exult! Solutions was set up in 2008 after having spent the first few years of her career in employment in India and Singapore with leading corporate organizations and educational institutions. The inspiration to be an entrepreneur came from her need to integrate her work in conscious leadership and organizational development, and peacebuilding, and to create a bridge between these spaces.
Her work spans the areas of leadership development, organization design, and development, assessment centres, instructional design, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) consulting, executive coaching, peace education, interfaith dialogues, democracy, and public leadership, etc. She also serves as adjunct faculty with a few renowned universities and teaches courses including interfaith mediation, conflict resolution, and entrepreneurship.
Rukmini is professionally trained in trauma-informed approaches to facilitation, coaching, and design, human process work, whole systems thinking, Appreciative Inquiry, Non-Violent Communication, Neurolinguistic Programming, and coaching, among other things. Her Masters’s degrees are in Organisational Psychology and Business Management, followed by a fellowship in Peace and Conflict Resolution.
Some of her notable honours and awards include:
- Soularize Award for interreligious dialogue project ‘Re-engaging with religion for reconciliation’ from Ashoka Changemakers (2023)
- Vital Voices Visionaries Fellow (in partnership with the Estée Lauder Emerging Leaders Fund) (2022)
- Emerging Leaders Fellowship by the Inner Climate Academy (2022)
- Positive Peace Activator by Institute for Economics and Peace and Rotary International (2022)
- Global Peace Index Ambassador of the Institute for Peace and Economics, Australia (2017-present)
- Delegation Leader (India) for the Seeds of Peace International Peace Dialogue, USA (2018)
- Shakti Fellowship by Shakti Leadership, India-USA-Israel (2017)
- Rotary Peace Fellowship for Certificate in Peace and Conflict Resolution at Chulalongkorn University, Thailand (2013)
- Distinguished Toastmaster award from Toastmasters International, USA (2012)
Some of her board-level and advisory assignments include:
- Core Team Member, Disom – The Leadership School, India (2022-present)
- Member of International Committee, Creators of Peace International (2022-present)
- Board Member of the Rotary Peace Fellowship Alumni Association (2021-present)
- Member of Global Taskforce on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Rotary International (2020-23)
- Mentor, Katalyst India programme, Third Sector Partners (2010-present)
Rukmini is an avid writer and uses her writing as a medium for generating public discourse around peacebuilding, religion, and non-violence. She is a student of Yoga and philosophy and enjoys spending time in nature, creating nature mandalas, and reading/watching space fiction.